faks 12 662 51 59
The origins of our publishing house go back to the year 1954 when the Senate of the Krakow School of Agriculture approved a decision to create a scientific journal in which the research findings of the university workers would be published. The first issue of the “Scientific Papers of the Krakow School of Agriculture”, series “Farming”, came out in 1956. Professor Tadeusz Lityński was the founder and first editor-in-chief of the journal. Later on, other series, such as “Zootechnics”, “Economics”, “Geodesy”, “History of Agriculture”, “Environmental Engineering”, “Forestry”, “Horticulture”, “Agricultural Technology”, “Food Technology”, “Symposium” (1959) and “Dissertations” (1964), were started. In the two latter series we continue to publish conference materials and habilitation theses. Back then it was Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe that prepared these materials for publication. The Publishing Department was founded in 1967. Its first manager was Professor Halina Jurkowska. In 1994, when the unit was renamed the Publishing House of the Agricultural University, Professor Zdzisław Piskornik became its editor-in-chief. In 2000 the supervision of the Publishing House was taken over by Professor Florian Gambuś. Since 1st February 2007 the position of editor-in-chief has been held by Professor Józef Bieniek.